OptimalPlus is a Big Data analytics software company that provides end-to-end solutions enabling automotive, semiconductors and electronics brand owners to protect the product quality and enhance their brand reputations in the market.
We've got the skills, the people, the benefits, the right environment and the ability to be truly agile; Do you have what it takes to be "Optimal"?
As an Operations DBA, you will be expected to contribute to the whole team from your gift of talents, intellect, experience, and enthusiasm, as well as have fun!
- You'll be responsible to install, maintain, and analyze the MSSQL server 2014/16 infrastructure (clusters, Always on).
- You'll be responsible for analyzing and optimizing performance: indexing stored procedures (complex code), partitions, disaster recovery.
- You'll be responsible for troubleshooting customer’s SQL DB issues.
- You'll be the technical escalation for Optimal+ Application and IT Engineers [Tier 2] Support Installations and field projects in his/her area of expertise.
- You'll be responsible to support DB and other Tier-3/R&D teams in the operations groups by working closely with them to provide solutions and support new products.
- You'll be responsible to review and make recommendations on existing platforms for continuous improvement.
- You'll be responsible to maintain technical and functional familiarity with key software platforms and products within the organization.
- You'll be responsible to share technical expertise, provide technical mentorship, and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Degree in Computer/Telecommunication Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in standard SQL DBA activities, SQL programming, and optimizations, profiling & troubleshooting (MS SQL technologies).
- Experience in large-scale enterprise software development and integration with Microsoft tools.
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Vertica preferred) and Linux OS – a major advantage.
- Knowledge of cloud development and deployments – an advantage.
- Willingness for travel and after-hours support, when needed.