OptimalPlus is the only Big Data analytics software company to provide an end-to-end product analytics solution for semiconductor and electronics companies.
We've got the skills, the people, the benefits, the right environment, and the ability to be truly agile; Do you have what it takes to be "Optimal"?
As a Linux Administrator for Hadoop Platform, you will be expected to contribute to the whole team from your gift of talents, intellect, experience, and enthusiasm, as well as have fun!
- You'll be responsible for supporting and enhancement the Big Data Platform and its customers, developers, data scientists and end-users who interact with it.
- You'll manage the day to day administration of cluster, understanding how to build and support a stable, secure environment.
- You'll be part of a highly collaborative team that is integral to the technical decisions and architecture for the company.
- You'll have an in-depth understanding of Linux and how that scales across dozens or more nodes within a cluster as well as experience with Cloudera (or other distributions of Hadoop).
- You'll manage end-to-end DevOps processes including good code management, development, deployment, and support.
- At least 5 years of experience in using and administering modern Linux Distros. Preferably RHEL derivatives or related distro (CENTOS/ORACLE Linux/Scientific Linux/Fedora).
- Experience of using/administering distributed systems in some capacity - mainly on Hadoop and Cloudera distribution.
- Experience of Database administration.
- Strong Shell Scripting or Programming, preferably in Python (Bash, Perl, Ruby, Powershell are acceptable as well).
- Background in programming and a good understanding of computer science.
- Keen interest in problem-solving and debugging.
- Knowledge/experience with Scala/Spark jobs for data transformation and aggregation.
- B.Sc in Computer Science.
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule.