OptimalPlus, the world-leading life cycle analytics company for the automotive, semiconductor and electronics industries is looking for a Head of Data Science and Analytics to lead its Global team of data scientists (Israel, US, Japan, Germany), direct the company’s data and analytics competency, influence its product development and interact closely with its business units, product, marketing and R&D divisions.
In his role as the Data Science team manager, you will need to demonstrate excellent managerial skills and be responsible for the globally-diverse team and its deliverable, recruiting and hiring new talents, training, and up-skilling, supporting career development and ensuring the well-being of the team individuals.
- You will be expected to manage, prioritize and allocate adequate resources to various data analysis and ML development projects, supporting typical Optimal+ use-cases for manufacturers in the automotive, semiconductor and electronics industries. To solve our customers’ challenges, and to demonstrate “hands-on” capabilities in data science practices such as data engineering and modeling using state-of-the-art machine-learning and deep-learning algorithms and tools.
- You will be expected to make highly professional use of the Optimal+ analytics platform and solutions and drive for continuous enhancement of these offerings via effective dialogue with the business units, product and R&D teams, influencing the product road map.
- You will also be expected to play a key role in pre-sales activities and marketing events by presenting our analytic capabilities to a broad range of audiences (technical and executive). Strong presentation skills (in English), with the ability to adapt the content of technical insights and findings to the target audience, are required.
- PhD. (preferably) or Engineering Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field.
- Extensive managerial experience, with at least 5 years’ experience managing Analytics/Data Science teams in the automotive OR semiconductor OR electronics industries. Experience in manufacturing use-cases preferred.
- Professional experience mentoring and developing analytical talent.
- Hands-on experience with statistical and data mining techniques (GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, deep-learning, etc.).
- Hands-on experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Strong presentation skills to both Executives & Professionals.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Patience, determination, and attention to details.
- Excellent English language proficiency (Excellent written and verbal communication skills).
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.