NI Israel, formerly known as OptimalPlus, is seeking an experienced software architect to join us.
As a software architect, You will be part of a team of Architects who provide technical leadership and help Engineering build next-generation products to manage modern software releases.
This role will report directly to the chief architect, and involves defining system architecture, dealing with Engineering-centric requirements, researching technical innovations, and engaging in POCs gauging technical risk. Candidates must have solid experience working on large-scale, complex systems, as well as with software architecture and design process, and have a history of delivering architecturally sound, pragmatic solutions. Hands-on coding experience is also a must.
· Define architectural approaches and detailed technical Engineering specifications
· Negotiate trade-offs and drive issues to closure
· Develop architectural POCs
· Work with Product Management to understand business requirements and market trends
· Provide architectural oversight and guidance to Engineering teams
· Review code and perform acceptance testing to ensure quality and consistency with architectural vision
· Evaluate new technologies
· Help to steer the architectural and Engineering priorities of the company
· B.Sc. degree in Computer Science; M.Sc. in Computers Science – an advantage
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
· 5+ years of experience with complex, high-performance distributed systems
· 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership in a Principal Engineer or Technical Lead role
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in B2B systems and design of external APIs
· Cloud Technology, Distributed Computing, and SaaS Implementations – advantage!
· Experience with Single Page Application (SPA) technologies – advantage!
· Familiarity with Linux/Unix background – advantage!
· Experience with BI platforms – advantage!