Global Ops for Electronics collects, cleans and correlates all of the product data from across your fragmented supply chain. This data is used to power the solution’s automated product analytics to deliver actionable insights back to your assembly facilities. The result: Enhanced product quality, improved product yield and increased productivity in the manufacture of electronic boards and systems.
Global Ops for Electronics creates a common language that ensures the consistency, completeness and integrity of the product data gathered throughout the supply chain for making timely decisions across your enterprise. This “single point of truth” enables you to effectively share actionable insights with the entire company, from engineering and operations to planning, finance and management.
Global Ops enhances the production of electronic products, from NPI ramp through the assembly of boards, modules and systems. It prevents quality escapes and catches outliers from chip to board; certifies that products were tested as defined in the original product specifications; and monitors all manufacturing processes as well as a product’s in-use performance.
Global Ops drives decisive, real-time action for manufacturers competing in a wide range of quality-sensitive market segments, from smart consumer electronics to computing and networking, automotive systems and more.
- Extract, clean, transfer, and standardize the data from your production floors, both internally and at Contract Manufacturers (CMs)
- Create a “single point of truth” for sharing data across departments and with your suppliers
- Generate real-time alerts based on fully automated, user-defined rules
- Leverage dozens of pre-defined rules that have been proven in high-volume production
- Create, customize and simulate rules using our flexible Sequoia scripting language (incorporating R)
- Publish real-time rules into the supply chain for ultimate control
- Monitor yield and quality 24/7 and generate alerts in real-time
- Validate performance vs. plan and insure CM adherence to contract terms
- Benchmark performance across assembly lines and factories to identify best practices and drive performance improvements
- Improve yield through proactive rules for early detection of systematic, but difficult to identify, production problems
- Leverage analytics to identify and reclaim modules wrongly binned as bad
- Monitor test equipment station performance and identify outliers
- Enable rapid problem resolution
- Facilitate better bonepile management through ongoing monitoring, alerts and root cause breakdown by error codes
- Monitor NPI (Yield Ramp) test results in real time to accelerate root cause analysis and send feedback to engineering teams
- Achieve faster yield ramp to volume production
- Gauge the impact of engineering changes on production costs, yields, and quality
Improve Product Quality
- Replace final test and pass/fail binning with analytics based on all parametric test results
- Save good modules that would otherwise be rejected
- Catch bad modules that nevertheless pass final test
- Reduce RMA through robust measures of correlations
Track Product Performance & Spec Compliance
Timely detection of design issues before ramp is imperative for electronics manufacturers. These include issues such as detecting parametric drifts introduced by unintended consequences of ECOs; lot-to- lot deviations, incompatibilities and component variations.
Optimal+ enables real-time characterization of electronics modules. The big data engine leverages massive amounts of production data to ensure consistent quality and adherence to design specs and automatically detects possible contributing factors leading to the creation of outliers.
In the example below, an algorithm is applied to detect wave form outliers. A virtual test wave-form is created by overlaying S21 Path 1 over Path 2.
Monitor Test Assets
System Test capital assets are costly to design, deploy and maintain. Ensuring the integrity of the entire infrastructure to maintain consistent high quality is paramount.
Throughput and Utilization impact revenue;Test Time Reduction and infrastructure optimization are an everyday focus.
Optimal+ Global Ops for Electronics monitors worldwide test infrastructure assets in real-time. It enables engineers to track parametric variations across testers; ensure test integrity and consistency; and monitor asset utilization and tester stability while optimizing the cost of ownership.
Accelerate Yield Investigations & Root Cause Analysis
Delays in investigating yield-related problems and performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) can lead to latent damage control. Statistics show that 20-25% of an engineer’s time is spent on investigating and fixing issues, with a significant portion of this time devoted to collecting the data.
Global Ops for Electronics provides automated detection and assisted RCA capabilities for intermittent NTF, enabling electronics manufacturers to reduce the cost of non-conformance by 10-100X and reduce their warranty reserves (typically 1-2% of revenue).
Using Global Ops, as illustrated in the diagrams below, engineers can apply rules to automatically detect yield drops. Role-based dashboards assist in the analysis and aid in unveiling hidden trends. Findings can be easily shared with internal teams; timely feedback to critical component suppliers helps prevent “stock outs” that lead to line stoppage & revenue interruption.
Preventing surprise invoices and “price variance” chargebacks are a concern of every electronics manufacturer. The timely write-off of obsolete material, identifying intermittent issues, corner cases and pairing/ compatibility insights, and preventing the salvaging of bad components need to be identified before costly expenditures are incurred.
Global Ops for Electronics enables the tracking of factory bonepile in real-time. It helps engineers identify faulty products and associated failing operations and investigate patterns that may contribute to bonepile generation such as Line, Firmware and Operator. The example below shows a step-by-step illustration of the automated bonepile management capabilities inherent in Global Ops.