Big Data Support Engineer
* Support technical requests and troubleshoot technical issues in Optimal+ big data systems based on HP Vertica and Hadoop (E.g. archiving tools, backup, data flow, loading)
* Install and configure new Optimal+ HP Vertica and Hadoop big data using Chef
* Install and configure HP Vertica on Amazon Web Services and other cloud systems
* Install and maintain O+ solution based on Linux and Microsoft products
* Perform major and minor upgrades release
* Verify/Hadoop patches, hotfix, new release (In the IT domain)
* Running system health check after the upgrades
* Run DHC (Daily Health Check)
* Monitor the OS and HP Vertica/Hadoop
* Troubleshooting error / Review logs before sending to support tier 3
* Monitoring purging / backup / maintenance tasks
* Degree in Computer/ Telecommunication Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent.
* At least 10 years of working experience in system/network trouble shootings Linux based system.
* Knowledge in Linux administration, Windows system administration, Networking/ Security and Database administration (SQL server) is essential.
* Vertica system management – Major advantage.
* Hadoop system management – Major advantage
* Independent, self-driven, customer oriented with good interpersonal communication skills.
* Experience and Knowledge in semiconductor testing environment is an advantage.
* Knowledge in big data – advantage
* Knowledge in Linux / Unix based databases like MySQL – advantage
* Knowledge in Linux based monitoring system- advantage
* Good proficiency in written/verbal English communication.
* Key Skills: Linux Sys admin, databases Linux’s based maintenance, Microsoft Servers, MS SQL
* Tools: Linux, HP Vertica Big Data, Hadoop, Linux monitoring, Chef, O+ tools, Microsoft
* Experience: ~10+ years of Linux IT support and monitor with major company
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To view our current opportunities click here.