Hadoop Team Leader – Create a new, unique Big Data platform
As a big data team lead, you will be responsible for building the next-generation big data analytics platform on top of the Hadoop ecosystem implementing a microservices architecture, using technologies such as Spark streaming, Kafka, MLlib for machine learning and many more.
- Lead a team of best-in-class big data commando developers that overcomes all obstacles on their way to conquer technical goals.
- Lead POCs and technology selection from among cutting-edge technologies to solve our big data challenges
- Build a robust state-of-the-art platform that can manage tens of billions of events per day (on a single customer environment) with reasonable ROI.
- Design a solution for both cloud and on-site deployments.
- Collaborate with other areas within Optimal+ to configure and optimize the new platform, including coordination with application developers, operations engineers and other analytical teams across the company
- Visit strategic customers to present our vision and to get their inputs regarding the new platform.
- A can-do attitude and make-it-happen approach to leadership
- A minimum of five years of experience in complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- A minimum of two years of hands-on experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Oozie, Hive, Pig, and Sqoop
- A minimum of three years of experience in working with cross-organization teams, driving technical discussions, mentoring team members, deploying applications in a production environment, and providing support and maintenance
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Team Lead and directing a team of senior level programmers
- Good knowledge in back-end programming, specifically java/Scala
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to the Big Data domain
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques is desirable
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related field is required
- Expertise in MapR
- Expertise with Micro Services Architecture
To view our current opportunities click here.